How to Report Abuse

To report suspected child abuse, contact your local child welfare department or police department. If you believe a child is in imminent danger, call 9-1-1.

Ozaukee County Child Protective Services:

Call: 262-284-8200

Sheboygan County Child Protective Services:

Call: 920-459-6418

Washington County Child Protective Services:

Call: 262-335-4888


Signs of Abuse

Recognizing Signs of Abuse Brochure

What is child abuse and neglect? Learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms by reading this fact sheet from the Child Welfare Information Gateway.

“The first step in helping abused or neglected children is learning to recognize the signs of child abuse and neglect. The presence of a single sign does not mean that child maltreatment is occurring in a family, but a closer look at the situation may be warranted when these signs appear repeatedly or in combination…”


Safety Tips (coming soon)

Family and Community Resources

Ozaukee County:

Advocates of Ozaukee, Inc.

Sheboygan County:

Safe Harbor

Washington County: